VBC Is Hiring | NoVA Sales Representative
The Virginia Beer Company is looking to immediately hire for a full-time Northern Virginia Sales Representative to join our Sales Team!
For this FT role in NoVA, daily duties include (but are not limited to):
- Work with the VBC Sales Team to set and achieve monthly & quarterly on-premise and off-premise sales goals,
- Inventory checks of key off-premise accounts
- (bottle shops, grocery stores, larger retailers, etc.),
- Grow and sustain tap & package placements at on-premise accounts
- (bars, restaurants, event venues, etc.),
- Work in lockstep with distribution partners to manage inventory and cultivate seamless execution of placements,
- Build relationships with beer buyers and other craft beer colleagues throughout Northern Virginia,
- Create & attend events to promote the VBC brand
- (tap takeovers, tastings, beer festivals, etc.),
- and Act as a positive extension of the brewery in person and online, and help us connect the dots across the Commonwealth’s craft beer landscape from Williamsburg to Northern Virginia.
Quick Hits: 40-hours per week…Salaried with Bonuses…ownership of the NoVA territory…some evening & weekend hours required.
Must Have: A valid Drivers License and access to a vehicle (you will be on the road for this role).
Territory: Northern Virginia…including Fairfax County, Arlington County, Loudon County, Fauquier County, Prince William County, Stafford County, and surrounding areas serviced by Premium of Virginia‘s Chantilly operations.
Brewing industry experience is not required, but a strong work ethic and passion for beer most certainly are! We pride ourselves on offering an engaging work experience, competitive full-time benefits, and opportunities to grow as we do.
Benefits Include: Guaranteed salary with bonus structure…ability to set your own schedule…paid time off…health & dental insurance…and plenty of beer perks.
This role is perfect for: someone who is a self-starter, someone who knows NoVA like the back of their hand, someone who has a sense of adventure, someone looking to make an impact on a growing business, someone who enjoys sharing beers & cheers with others.
To learn more about the position and to apply to become part of the Virginia Beer Co. family, please send resumes and cover letters to:
More about The Virginia Beer Company:
The Virginia Beer Company is an award-winning and growing production brewery, taproom, & beer garden located in Williamsburg, VA’s Edge District – conveniently nestled between Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. We currently distribute our beers across the Commonwealth of Virginia, as well as to New York State. In addition, we export a growing volume of our beer to overseas markets in the UK, Western Europe, and Asia.
We are a tight knit team and believe that our beers are only as good as the people with whom we share them…including each and every one of us. If you enjoy celebrating group successes and camaraderie with your peers, then this is the industry for you.
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills are useful, including familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace suites.
- Being a self-starter and effective time management are truly essential!
- Willingness/Flexibility to work nights and some weekends, as agreed upon and needed.
- Competitive, go-getter attitude that is prepared to fight for increased distribution and exceed sales goals, with the ability to bounce back from rejection (you will probably hear “NO” here and there).
- Positivity, Positivity, Positivity — in person, on social media, and across the industry. We’re all about “beers & cheers” after all!
- A valid driver’s license and a working motorized vehicle.
- The resolve to become a windshield warrior repping VBC in your territory, and occasionally here in Williamsburg too.
- The willingness to become TIPS certified and (at least) a Level 1 certified Cicerone.