Grand Opening (aka, Bring On The Burg Beer)
We here at The Virginia Beer Company have been working around the clock ahead of our grand opening, which is quickly coming up on Saturday, March 26th from 11 am – 9:30 pm! Beers have been brewed, the taproom is coming together, and the weather is turning towards beer garden season. So is anyone interested in getting together for a pint? We hope so because we have a lot of beers and a lot of cheers to share starting on Saturday!
We’re looking forward to welcoming you to our brewery – taproom – beer garden at 401 Second Street in Williamsburg, VA. We expect the grand opening to be a lot of fun and want to ensure everyone has a great experience. Ahead of Saturday’s festivities we’re putting together some notes to make sure the day is organized and the service is efficient – meaning everyone joining us for the celebration can spend more time enjoying beers & cheers with us.
The Virginia Beer Company Grand Opening
March 26th from 11 am until 9:30 pm
Coming? Let us know on Facebook!
- Tickets: In order to make the beer ordering/serving process as simple as possible, we will be selling beer tickets at the door. This makes any line that may form start at the door and not at the taproom bar! We have three serving sizes: 4 oz. – 10 oz. – 16 oz. One ticket = 4 oz. Two tickets = 10 oz. Three tickets = 16 oz. Each ticket will cost $2.25 (tax included) and you may purchase up to 12 tickets ($27 total, tax included) on your way in. Once inside, you can exchange up to three tickets at one time. If you use all of your tickets but decide you’re enjoying the day so much that you’d like another round, you will be able to purchase additional tickets.
- BEERS: We will have eight beers on tap at 11 am, and have additional batches in kegs at the ready should we thoroughly enjoy all of one of our small batch Workshop Series beers before the day’s end. We will also feature a jockey box on the beer garden featuring two beers! At some point in the day we’ll be tapping one keg of a special Double IPA (DEADBOLT), and we will also feature two different cask beers throughout the day. Please note: we will be featuring draft only selections when we open, and plan to begin offering canned beer later this summer!
- Flights/Growlers: To ensure that everyone has a chance to try our beers, we will not be featuring full flights or grunt/growler fills on Saturday. You may exchange up to three tickets at one time, so you could choose to sample three 4 oz. pours. We encourage sampling small sizes of many of the beers as some of our Workshop Series batches may not return to rotation anytime soon! Never fear: we will host limited hours on Sunday, 3/27 from 2-7 pm and will offer full flights and grunt/growler fills starting on Sunday and beyond!
- Cash/Credit: If possible please bring cash with you. We will accept all major credit cards, but cash exchanges will greatly speed up the ticket purchasing process! And once inside, please remember to tip those who will be carefully pouring your beers. Even though the monetary exchange will take place away from the bar, the hardest work of the day will be taking place behind it! Also of note: apologies in advance but at this time we do not accept checks.
- FOOD: We are thrilled to announce that our friends KARNAGE ASADA will be inhabiting our food truck pull-in alongside our beer garden from 12-8 pm on Saturday. Meals purchased from Karnage Asada may be enjoyed both on the beer garden and in the taproom. In addition we will offer local varieties of Whitley’s Peanuts and Route 11 Potato Chips for sale in the taproom. Please come with an appetite for fun & food!
- Parking/Transport: We have 46 spots around our facility, all of which you make take advantage. We are hoping for a capacity crowd on Saturday so if possible, please consider carpooling! If you are a local, the use of alternative methods of arrival would also be appreciated. There are sidewalks leading in all directions to/from the brewery, and while our bike racks are not yet installed (but will be coming soon!) we have numerous posts around the facility to use for chaining up your bicycle in the meantime. The WATA bus route runs near the brewery and we would also suggest ride share options such as local cab companies, Lyft, and Uber. If you do end up driving and need to park elsewhere, please be respectful of our neighbors. While they are open to helping us with spillover needs we would like to keep their lots clear when possible!
- Guests of all Ages and Varieties: 401 is a family friendly environment and we ask that no one under the age of 21 comes to the brewery without being accompanied by a parent or guardian. While we also plan to make our beer garden a pet friendly space, we would also ask that the pups and kittens of the area refrain from attending Saturday’s celebration. With the spring weather looking sunny and clear we expect the garden to be rocking & rolling and would hate for anyone’s paws to get stepped on.
- Smoking/Vaping: 401’s taproom and beer garden are both smoke free environments. Due to the roll-up garage door that will remain open to the front of the building on nice days, we can’t allow smoking on the garden. We will have a designated smoking area along the rear sidewalk along the building and ask anyone who steps out to please follow the posted signs to this space. Thanks in advance for your consideration of others!
Saturday is going to be a great day and we can’t wait to celebrate our opening with each and every one of you. Please be patient but don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or concerns throughout the day. Come prepared for a crowd – let’s all make some new friends! Looking forward to inviting you in to know us and our beers better. Cheers from Williamsburg, Virginia!