🍻 OPERATIONS UPDATE – PHASE 1/2 🍻
The below is in reference to Phase 1 guidelines. For Phase 2 & 3 guidelines effective as of 6/12/2020, please click here.
In accordance with Phase 2 guidelines, we will begin offering limited on-premise service in our taproom in addition to the beer garden starting on Friday, 6/12. If you plan to enter the taproom or move to/from your table, you must wear a mask when entering & ordering & walking around, per state mandate. You do not need to wear a mask at your table.
The past months have been quite a whirlwind, and before continuing we want to thank everyone out there for their concern, support, and partnership. We’ve been able to keep our operations going (albeit from curbside), try to pay some of the love forward, and most importantly we’ve had the great fortune to keep our entire team here operating as one.
We’ve been following state and local guidelines to plan our continued operations under the Phase 1 & 2 plans laid out by the Governor. Every business is different and every venue unique, so we’ve been reviewing every aspect of ours to ensure that we can keep everyone safe, continue streamlining takeaway services, and add beers for here. Which is our way of saying that beginning on Friday, 5/15 at Noon we will begin pouring draft beer to enjoy in the beer garden!
Our focus is and will always be on the safety of our staff and guests, so we do need to announce some rules and best practices for those joining us for a round. Many of these are recommended by the Virginia Craft Brewers Guild while others are particular to our specific layout. We appreciate you taking the time to review these details!
– Monday thru Thursday, 3-8 pm
– Friday thru Sunday, 12-8 pm
– Nothing changes!
– Our curbside station is still set up by the bay door in the beer garden. Come by any time we’re open to pick up cans, bottles, fills, merch, and gift cards to-go or order ahead online for pickup and local delivery! https://www.virginiabeerco.com/curb-alert
– At this time we are still not able to fill used Growlers. We will continue to offer Half Price Fills on Crowlers and new Growlers every Wednesday & Sunday!
– On-site consumption is permitted in the beer garden at this time. Please keep weather in mind as we have an open air layout! We have limited space in our taproom as well.
– Look for posted signs in the beer garden upon arrival. We’ll have staff on hand to point you to a table and to walk through the ordering process.
– Order your beer by the bay door in the beer garden, then enjoy back at your table! We are only serving beer in plastic cups, so please make sure to recycle. We are not able to offer samples at this time.
– Due to the current environment we can’t offer tabs, so every transaction will need to be closed out in real time. Cash or Credit accepted. Hand sanitizer available for all.
– Ordering/Sitting Inside: If you plan to enter the taproom or move throughout the brewery space, you must wear a mask when entering & ordering & walking around, per state mandate. No mask is required at your table.
– At this time, we can only seat guests who are 21 and older. No minors can be permitted in the beer garden.
– We hate this one too, but unfortunately we cannot allow pets in the beer garden right now either! Thank you for your understanding.
– Tables are arranged so that they are at least six feet apart, so we cannot accommodate moving table arrangements at this time.
– Our Family Restroom will be available for guests to use. Strict cleaning protocols will be implemented by our team including an hourly deep clean.
– Please keep social distancing in mind in the case of inclement weather as we can’t offer shelter for everyone if it rains due to space constraints!
– We wouldn’t have been serving curbside to begin with if we weren’t adhering to the strictest of cleaning SOP’s, and we’ll be continuing those cleaning and sanitation efforts in the beer garden.
– When tables are turned over we will perform a thorough deep clean before allowing anyone new to use the tables. We ask for your patience so that cleaning protocols can be implemented in full.
– As we are only permitted to serve at 50% capacity, we ask that if the beer garden or taproom is full that you wait from a socially responsible distance or from your car. Unfortunately we can’t offer any reservations at this time.
– You will find our staff wearing Personal Protective Equipment at all times. This is for safety for all and out of respect for all guests. We know that it’s not quite feasible to drink beer through a mask…but we do ask that out of respect for all of our guests that you please consider wearing a face covering when ordering, and if moving through the beer garden or in the taproom restroom waiting area. You MUST wear a face mask if entering the taproom and ordering in the taproom, or moving throughout the space.
– We always support our food truck friends and will continue hosting food trucks as scheduled. You are welcome to enjoy plates paired with your pints in the beer garden! Please remember to discard your empty cups and food parcels at the end of your stay.
– Food trucks will be parking alongside the building (rather than in the beer garden) to allow guests who are not staying for a pint to order as well.
– You can find the monthly food truck lineup here: https://www.virginiabeerco.com/food-truck-calendar
We know this is a lot, but we want to be as transparent as we can about the protocols recommended by our governing bodies and already implemented by our peers. If we all take the time to consider the above and remember to show patience (with us as we add new services, and with others as we all move into Phase 1 together) — we know that we can work together to offer a welcome taste of normalcy. And more importantly, we can better do our part to welcome you back into the beer garden for some much needed beers & cheers! Pours List can be found here.
Don’t rush on our account — we will be here when you’re ready for us, and we look forward to serving you a round for here or a round to-go soon.